Saturday, September 22, 2007

My short apartment search appears to have ended

It was a stormy day, as dark as night at 9 a.m., the strangest thing... But that's all right - I think I found a home! The apartment was one of the first I saw, the one I liked and it was taken. My luck kicked in, as usual, and the realestate agent called in the late afternoon saying it's mine if I want it. Sure I do! If everything goes well I'll be out of here by the end of next week. What sucks is no cable and no internet for a few days. Also, Argentina's going on hold until next year.
So much has been overlooked in the past 3-4 months - sometimes I loose track of what's important to me. I got caught up in the vortex of my fucked up family. My original plan for this year was to start off light (hence the trip to Italy), get my shit together and write. Since my return in March I've been drowned in a whole mess of problems I'm expected to deal with 'cause I'm the "smart one" and "I've got the time" - yeah, right... and they're not even mine! The worst part is that nothing gets solved, some people are addicted to problems and every time you come up with a solution something else is added so the drama can continue. I'm done with drama and I've got my own things to sort out.
The place is great, small building, quiet neighbourhood, top floor - no upstairs neighbours! As soon as I get my Zs in order I'll star producing better, it's always been that way. Once again I'll have my privacy, I'll be able to go around naked like I love and that's priceless... Most important, I'll be able to get my head in order. I've been so anxious lately, sometimes it feels like my chest is going to burst and my heart will just take off. Who could blame it? It's not like I've been doing such a good job at taking care of it. I placed myself in a stressful situation and now I sleep poorly, I haven't been eating well, my skin's gone crazy on me, been smoking like a chimney, skipping pilates and getting pissed off. Not very healthy.

No comments: