Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A little vacation

I've been neglecting this blog and that's nothing new. I'm big on starting things never to finish them but this time I want to do this right. Last week I went on a little vacation to Florianópolis, the island of Santa Catarina. I love that place, 40 beaches (or so) in one island, who wouldn't? I went with some friends on a spur of the moment thing, me plus 4 (one of which was also bipolar, but my complete opposite). We had fun on the road, plenty of weed to go around... After we got there (it's a 7 hr drive) we went first to the Campeche beach for a party, I didn't know anyone at first but I made friends with a LOT of people there - wish I could remember all their names though, hehe, darn beer... Well, we got there early and I'm a bit shy, that's ok cause I usually overcome it by pretending I'm not shy, and it works beautifully - along with the beer. Oh, also made two new friends at the party, a couple who lives across the street from the party guy (didn't like him very much, though) and we have plans for next time I'm in town (by the end of the year). Next day we went to Itapirubá, a beach just outside of Florianópolis in the morning and to the north of the island late in the afternoon to see a friend I haven't spoken to since college. We stayed in his place for a couple of days because of the guy who went there with us, but I swear I'm never setting foot there again. First of all, he turned into some really strange breed of hippie, mixed with punk, yeah, go figure... his place reeked! He and his wife have an Inn, so he told me I had to wait until the next day for a room, but I could sleep in his place until then. The wife was in the hospital cause they managed to let their child almost drown in the pool and that first night there I woke up with that motherfucker in bed with me! I felt something brushing ever so slightly against my ass and sure enough it was his hand, I yelled at him and he left me alone. The strangest thing, I've been feeling extra sleepy for awhile - and that's very unlike me, a insomniac- so I though I was cycling into depression again, but turns out I just got a really bad cold and it took it's time to bring me down. This has been the weirdest winter ever, so hot it feels like summer, worse than last year which was hot too. I went around the beach like it was summer, except the sun was so hot I didn't really feel the effect of the wind and now I'm sick, getting better, but still...Anyway, I'll post some more on Florianópolis later, I'm feeling a bit loopy now, so I better take a nap or something. And I'll stop neglecting the blog... I hope.

No comments: