Monday, September 3, 2007

How about that...

New day, new week, all new stuff - or at least almost... I feel so proud of myself when I get rid of something that does me no good. Or someone, which is the case here. Now let's just hope that the old "out of sight out of mind" thing will actually work. Enough about that! Last week I found a label that I wouldn't mind using, it's supposed to be serious but it just cracked me up. Well, turns out I'm an 'Apatheist'. I'll elaborate! I was never religious, so if there's one thing I can really (I mean really) thank my parents for is never forcing me or my sister into catholicism - if you don't count the baptism, that is. Anyway, I was talking to some guy about that and he kept bringing up his atheism (he's probably real proud of it). As I mentioned I was never religious and I think that it means just that, not 'I was never religious and now I'm a born-again atheist', man, that's the same as being in a cult, or sect or, get this and be patient - a religion! So, while I was doing some reading online I ran into an article about apatheism, and it fits me like a glove. It goes something like this: an apatheist is someone who considers the question of the existence of God as neither meaningful nor relevant to human affairs. In other words, apatheists just don't care. And I don't even care if you are religious, go for it! We all gotta believe in something. Me? I believe in life and in chaos, some would say they're the same thing. Just keep something in mind: don't go around nagging everyone cause you think you've got everything figured out - cause you don't! No one does man, sorry... I remember reading about a north-American tribe, they used to place seeds in the orifices of their dearly departed and then 'plant' them in the ground, the seeds would germinate and grow into trees. Now, in my opinion, that would be the only way to have a shot at 'eternal life', you in the tree, the birds and other critters eat from the tree, they poop out the seeds and then there's another tree, you've relocated!

No comments: