Monday, October 15, 2007

There are some residual symptoms but it's almost over. Still when I wake up my head is flooded with automatic thoughts, there's some melancholy and I've been extra-horny, the resulting severe self-abuse could be interpreted as a side-effect... This time it wasn't so bad because I didn't hide, I wanted to but people wouldn't let me. Pesky fuckers! I love them. My first instinct is to lock myself in to protect the world from all the horror that is me when in fact I'm trying to protect myself from a world that at times is just horrible. That's one of the traps I have to avoid, problem is when I'm in it I think it's real. Sick? Yes, of course. Here's another one I've spotted, couldn't help, it's huge - and old, about two years of age. It's a crippling fear of myself, a feeling of impending doom I've been nursing since my second (and hopefully last) major depression. It got a hold of me last year in July, not only that, it got me thinking that it was always going to be that way. An annual horror show of unreal despair and death wishes. Since I'm such a masochist - that's right, a living potpourri of insanity - I've been expecting it and seeing things as "signs" - that's crazy talk!! Excuses for self-pity, blocks created to punish myself for things that went wrong not because I'm wicked and therefore shall suffer but because every now and then I get sick. It's the nature of the beast, sometimes it's a thing of wonder, sometimes it's just sad and pathetic. Now regarding the good stuff, there's lots of it - I just fail to mention them cause it's not always convenient. My friends, lovely crazies of the normal prototype and freaks of nature, kept popping up unannounced and taking me out. Not having things my way did wonders for my mental health. Two weeks have passed and I've been feeling more like myself again. Heard some funny things too. One friend told me about a dream from her teens, in it she wrestled and strangled a giant snake. "It's one of those Freudian things" was her conclusion. No shit! Oh and the music, sounds I left in the past and rediscovered: Ramalho, George Clinton, Cássia Eller, even Pink Floyd! Different people, different tastes. I guess I've spent some time (fifteen fucking days!!!) discovering and rediscovering things and now my new 'monday promise' is to stop bullshitting myself. I'll do my best to keep it. Life is usually good, can't let details and distortions make me believe otherwise. About distortions... something has to be done to those orange walls - it looks so psychotic. I remembered what I was thinking when I bought the paint: orange's supposed to help you focus, yeah right, kinda like a mean sargent. I'll paint over it eventually but not right away, no more hurrying, no more unnecessary worries.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I came across your blog and wanted to say hello. My name is Iri Amirav and I am a co-founder at iMedix. iMedix is a website that helps hundreds of thousands of patients every month and we’ve recently decided to form a Support Group for Bipolar patients: http://www.imedix.com/Bipolar

I am looking for leaders who will be interested to start and manage this group with me and thought you might be a good person to speak with about finding patients in need. I would love to speak with you and tell you more about who we are and what we are trying to accomplish.

Please feel free to contact me by email. In addition, you can find me on the iMedix website under the nickname irus.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,

Iri

irus.imedix@gmail.com